Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Joy and Sadness mixed

It has been one year since my mom passed away and as many of you know when I moved my moms sewing machine turned up missing. Well, I knew that my daughter would need me a whole lot sooner than I would need her. Sure enough she did. She called me last night wanting money. My response was that as long as I don't have Grandma's sewing machine I don't have a dime for you. Would you believe the the next phone call I got from her was this evening saying they was on their way to KFC for something to eat and they would be right out here after that. They had the machine. Well, now I got the machine. I called her sister and told her that she can be nice to her now. LOL. I want to do the happy dance because of the machine but the timing on her bringing it back just makes me have to remember that mom is gone. This machine was in this house where I am living now for over 20 years so now mom can rest in peace knowing the machine back where it belongs. It might have cost me $25 to get the machine back but it is well worth the peace of mind knowing where the machine is. Sitting on the floor right behind me.

On another note, I still have had no word on how Beth is. I am getting very worried about her. I will let you all know when I find out something.

1 comment:

Inma said...

Glad to hear that you got the machine back as it meant so much for you, but I'm kinda lost, I thought it was your sister who had took the machine and not your daughter.

In any case those are good news, and I hope your mom's anniversary is not so bad after that. :)

Best wishes. :O)